8 The Terrace, Walberswick
A large Edwardian family home centrally located in Walberswick. Just minutes from the beach with parking for two cars. Sleeps 7.
From its central location in Walberswick village, this end-terrace house offers great family holiday accommodation with the added convenience of two parking spaces and bicycle storage. It is set back from the village street and stands in a lovely sunny south-facing situation. Just minutes from the beach, with the Village Green and village shops even closer. Both pubs are equally handy - the Anchor is just across the road.
The accommodation sleeps up to seven people in four bedrooms and is flexible, being a mix of twin and double beds, and with one single room. Babies and youngsters are welcome but please bring all necessary equipment.
You can come and stay at any time of year, with Short Breaks available out of season. During the cooler months be snug with electric central heating and partial double glazing plus an open coal fire in the Sitting Room to enjoy.
Accommodation - General
This lovely Edwardian house has original features throughout, with a working fireplace in the sitting room.
This house is comfortably furnished and equipped. Books abound and interesting artwork hangs on the walls. Stairs, landings and bedrooms are carpetted, while the downstairs floors are tiled or feature rugs on floorboards.
The Hall leads from the front door to the stairs, the Sitting Room and the Dining Room beyond. An understairs storage cupboard contains necessary household equipment etc.
Accommodation - Downstairs
- Sitting Room: This family-sized room is well-furnished with settees and other seating, corner cupboard and additional furniture. Built-in bookcases flank an open fireplace - coal provided. Freeview TV with DVD. iPod docking station.
The large bay window overlooks the front garden and at the other end of the room a French door opens onto the useful paved area at the side of the house.
- Dining Room: Large central table, and chairs, plus side unit. Two sash windows overlook the paved area at the side of the house.
- Kitchen: Well equipped, newly refurbished kitchen with Siemens induction hob, electric fan oven, integrated fridge and dishwasher. Solid oak work surfaces and ceramic sink.
- Utility Room: Freezer, washing machine and microwave . Lots of coat hooks and space for shoes and outdoor paraphernalia. Back door.
- Shower Room: Shower cubicle with Mira shower unit. WC. Frosted glass window.
Accommodation - Upstairs
The stairs up from the Hall divide off to the rear landing, with further steps up to the front landing. There are built-in cupboards on both landings, with the boiler cupboard to the rear. On the front landing there is a large cupboard for hanging-up visitors' clothes.
- Bathroom: Bath with Hansgrohe shower over. WC. Wash basin with light and shaver-socket over. Heated towel rail.
- Twin bedroom: Two single beds, which can be linked together to make a six foot wide double bed. Chest of drawers. i Pod docking station. Sash window looks out to back garden.
- Twin Bedroom: Two single beds, chest of drawers and feature fireplace (not in use). Built-in tall cupboard. i Pod docking station. Sash window overlooks the side paved area and back garden.
- Double Bedroom: Kingsize bed with two side tables and lamps. Chest of drawers, built-in tall cupboard and feature fireplace (not in use). i Pod docking station. Large window which overlooks front garden and village street with sea view beyond.
- Single Bedroom: Single bed with side stool and lamp. Bookcase. Tall window overlooking the front garden and village street, off to allotments and Village Hall and with sea view beyond.
The house is set back from the village street with a mature south-facing front garden of lawn and shrubs. Under the front bay window stand a garden seat and table. A paved path leads from the garden gate to the front door where there is an open porch.
To the side of the house there is an access track leading to the rear of the terrace and to two parking spaces. There is a useful paved area at the side of the house onto which open both the back door and the French door from the Sitting Room.
Cross the track to access the large rear mature garden with its lawn, seating and table, mature shrubs and attractive Summerhouse. The Summerhouse contains seating and other furniture, but is large enough to also accommodate bicycles safely. There is also a garden shed but this is not for visitors' use.
- Parking for two cars
- Children welcome, but please bring own equipment
- Linen is provided but please bring own beach towels
- All heat and power included in tariff, coal fire in sitting room-coal provided
- Central heating
- Free WiFi Connection
- Bookings are Saturday - Saturday with short breaks available out of season
- Sorry no smokers or pets allowed
| Saturday, 22 Dec
|| Saturday, 05 Jan
| Saturday, 05 Jan
|| Saturday, 16 Feb
| Saturday, 16 Feb
|| Saturday, 23 Feb
| Saturday, 23 Feb
|| Saturday, 30 Mar
| Saturday, 30 Mar
|| Saturday, 13 Apr
| Saturday, 13 Apr
|| Saturday, 25 May
| Saturday, 25 May
|| Saturday, 01 Jun
| Saturday, 01 Jun
|| Saturday, 06 Jul
| Saturday, 06 Jul
|| Saturday, 07 Sep
| Saturday, 07 Sep
|| Saturday, 19 Oct
| Saturday, 19 Oct
|| Saturday, 02 Nov
| Saturday, 02 Nov
|| Saturday, 21 Dec
| Saturday, 21 Dec
|| Saturday, 04 Jan
- Weekly Bookings are Saturday - Saturday
- Linen is provided but please bring own beach towels
- All heat and power included in tariff
- Free WiFi connection
- SHORT BREAKS AVAILABLE OUT OF SEASON
|NB DAY = This night is booked
Availability updated: Tuesday 21st May 2013
Click Image to Zoom
Number 8 is a south-facing family-sized end-terrace house
Part of the large Sitting Room
The separate Dining Room at 8 The Terrace
Kitchen with solid oak work surface, induction hob and electric fan oven
Part of the Kitchen, with doorway to the Dining Room
Part of the upstairs Bathroom
The beds in the rear Twin Bedroom can be used separately, or linked together, as required
Twin Bedroom, with window overlooking the side paved area and to the rear garden
The spacious front Double Bedroom
From the front Single Bedroom you can see the sea
The large Summerhouse is south-facing and furnished for relaxation
The Sitting Room is a great family space with a large bay window to the front and a French door at the rear