A self-contained annexe
for two adults at the house with the view.
Elfin Cottage, Walberswick
Tucked away on the seaward side of one of the most beautifully situated houses in Walberswick is Elfin Cottage. The accommodation is light and airy, in good order, and with the added feature of exposed studwork along the wall shared with the main house.
This secluded location enjoys a lovely vista over field and marsh to the sea, whilst the south-facing sunny garden is super for quiet relaxation. The sea always draws the gaze, sparkling in the sunlight. At night see the reflected moonlight and the moving lights of passing ships.
Wildlife abounds in the mature garden, keeping the resident free-range chickens company. In addition the garden is visited by a variety of garden birds as well as wild and migrating birds. As the RSPB's renowned Minsmere Nature Reserve is just along the coast this abundance is understandable, but even so to hear in spring the extraordinary sound of rare bittern booming is a notable experience.
The owners are pleased to share this super location, which they feel would particularly appeal to birdwatchers, walkers, cyclists and those who require peaceful surroundings. Enjoy the mature garden too - but note that to respect the wildlife no dogs or pets are allowed, and also no barbecues please as the roof of the main house is thatched.
To welcome you a selection of goodies awaits!
- Door to Entrance Lobby. Storage heater. Coat hooks, a full length mirror and boot storage.
Off this area is the
- Shower Room
with electric shower, heated towel rail, WC, handbasin with mirror over, storage shelves and rectractable indoor clothes line.
Steps down from entrance lobby to
Galley-style, with exposed beams and a quarry tile floor. Plenty of crockery/cutlery. Equipped with combination microwave oven, toaster, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, electric two-ring halogen hob. Shelves and storage area. Door to
- Double Bedroom
with double bed, bedside tables, wardrobe, Lloyd Loom chair, long mirror and other furniture. Radiator. Parquet floor and exposed studwork. Sea views through the conservatory.
with oak floor and with Pilkington Blue glass (light drapes only at the windows as no sunblinds necessary). Enjoy sea views all day. Comfortably furnished living-area with a two-seater bed settee and armchair plus dining table and chairs for four and side tables. Independant electric heater. Freeview (Digital) TV, DVD player, CD/radio unit.
Door to garden.
- The property is approached along an unmade road with parking for one car in front of the garage, and then on foot through a garden gate and along a brick path through part of the garden.
- Large established garden with free-range chickens, trees, mature shrubs and lawn, shared with the main house. Views to the sea.
- Table and benches and other outdoor furniture.
- No barbeques please as the main house is thatched.
- Additional separate table and two chairs alongside east-facing wall of Elfin Cottage for exclusive use of guests.
- From the front gate turn left for paths to the beach (approx 10 minutes) or turn right for Walberswick village with its shop, pubs, village green, village hall, beach and much more. Or by including a walk along the beach join up the two to make a circular walk.
- Linen included but please bring own beach towels.
- All heat, light and power included.
- Constant hot water.
- Off road parking for one car in front of the garage.
- Both Short Breaks and Weekly Bookings available throughout
Contact Becky Canham at Blythweb Ltd
Telephone: 01502 440360
Click here to Email
Sat Nav Ref: IP18 6UJ
| Friday, 01 Feb
|| Friday, 03 May
| Friday, 03 May
|| Friday, 31 May
| Friday, 31 May
|| Friday, 05 Jul
| Friday, 05 Jul
|| Friday, 02 Aug
| Friday, 02 Aug
|| Friday, 06 Sep
| Friday, 06 Sep
|| Friday, 20 Dec
- Weekly Bookings are Friday - Friday
- Midweek Short Breaks are Monday - Friday
- Weekend Short Breaks are Friday - Monday
- Short Breaks are available all year
- Linen included but please bring own beach towels
- All heat, light and power included
- Accommodation is for up to two adults only
- Booking is from 4:00pm on day of arrival to 10:00am on day of departure
- No dogs or other animals allowed
Click Image to Zoom
The Conservatory is south-facing with views to the sea.
The spacious Double Bedroom at Elfin Cottage.
The spacious Double Bedroom at Elfin Cottage.
Part of the galley-style Kitchen at Elfin Cottage
Part of the large Garden, so popular with birds and wildlife.
Step into the garden from The Conservatory at Elfin Cottage. Enjoy sea views whether inside or out.
|NB DAY = This night is booked
Availability updated: Tuesday 14th May 2013