1 Little Dingle Cottages is a large country cottage formed by joining two labourers' cottages
together and sleeps up to 12 people. It is situated between Dunwich
Forest and Dingle Marshes. Apart from the adjacent cottage it
is quite isolated, being a mile from Dunwich village.
by open countryside and with several major nature reserves
close by the wildlife and birds to be seen on or near the property
is exceptional. There are walks from the cottage to Walberswick
and the village of Dunwich as well as in the forest which
adjoins the property. The marshes and reedbeds close to the
property are home to a variety of birds, including bitterns.
floor consists of:-
- Large, spacious open plan Lounge with open
fire and large table for family meals. It also has a double
sofa bed if required and a piano for musical evenings!
- A separate smaller, open plan Dining
Area with table and chairs is between
the lounge area and the kitchen and is suitable for more
- The Kitchen is connected to the
Dining area. Fully-fitted and with electric hob, double-oven,
microwave and dishwasher. A larder is accessed from the kitchen.
A fridge and freezer are available in the adjacent room. The
kitchen window overlooks part of the garden where woodpeckers
can frequently be seen joining other birds at the bird table.
- The downstairs Shower room also contains
a washing machine.
- Separate WC.
- There is also a small single bedoom on the ground
On the first floor:
- Bedroom 1 Double with buit in wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 2 Twin Singles with built in wardrobe and drawers.
- Bedroom 3 Double with a King size bed, built-in wardrobes, dressing table and wash basin. This room also contains a travel cot if required.
- Bedroom 4 Double with built in wardrobe A second staircase leads from this room to the lower floor and so the room is probably not suitable for small children.
- Family Bathroom with a bath, shower and wash basin.
- Separate WC.
- Sitting room with Roof Terrace containing television and video/DVD player. This room has large windows overlooking the garden and marshes. There is a double sofa bed here and so it can be used as an extra bedroom.
Click here to view the floorplan of this unique property.
Outside there is a large enclosed garden in several sections with various seating
areas. There is room for two cars to park in the drive and room for more cars in the lane.
- Sleeps 10-12 people.
- Friday to Friday lettings (unless agreed otherwise)
- Power and heating included.
- Linen included - except towels.
- Cot and highchair available (Please bring your own cot linen).
- No Smoking.
- Pets allowed subject to conditions.
- Parking for at least two cars.
|4 January - 8 February 2013
|22 February - 29 March
|29 March - 5 April (Easter)
|12 April - 17 May
|31 May - 28 June
|2 - 30 August
|6 September - 18 October
|1 November - 13 December
|Christmas and New Year unavailable
1 Little Dingle Cottages
Country Cottage for up to 12, situated a mile from Dunwich village. Terrific for wildlife and birds.
The family Sitting Room and Dining Room is a huge space occupying most of the ground floor.
The garden is large with a mixture of lawns, shrubs, sitting areas and outbuildings. This view is taken from the roof terrace on the first floor.
At the top of the garden is a summerhouse. The garden is visited by a variety of wildlife including deer and rabbits whilst robins, coal tits, finches and even woodpeckers regularly come to the birdtable.
There two sofas and an easy chair as well as an open fire for cooler evenings. TV, video and Hi-Fi too.
The property is accessed along an unmade lane from Dunwich which means that the cottage enjoys real peace and quiet. There is no traffic noise and the night skies are amazing as there is no light pollution at all.